Get compensated for jaundice caused by medical malpractice
Jaundice is a common condition that affects many people, especially newborn babies. It is caused by a buildup of bilirubin in the body, which causes the yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes. While most cases of jaundice are harmless and go away unassisted, some situations can become severe and lead to serious complications, such as kernicterus. For this, contacting a jaundice lawyer in Honolulu, HI, to obtain compensation is crucial.
Kernicterus is a rare but potentially life-threatening condition that can occur when bilirubin levels in the body become too high. It can cause permanent brain damage, hearing loss, and even death. Unfortunately, kernicterus can be caused by medical malpractice, such as failure to diagnose or treat jaundice promptly.
If you or a loved one has suffered from kernicterus resulting from medical negligence, seek the help of a skilled jaundice attorney in Honolulu, HI, from SRB Hawaii Law. A kernicterus lawyer can help you obtain the compensation you deserve for your pain and suffering, medical expenses, and other damages.
What is Jaundice?
Jaundice is a medical condition that occurs when a buildup of bilirubin is present in the body. Bilirubin is a yellow substance produced when red blood cells break down. When the liver cannot process bilirubin effectively, it accumulates in the body and causes the yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes. Jaundice is a common condition that affects many people, from newborns to adults.
Various factors can cause jaundice, including liver disease, infections, medications, and genetic disorders. In newborns, jaundice is often caused by a condition known as physiologic jaundice, which occurs when the baby’s liver is not yet mature enough to process bilirubin efficiently. In other cases, jaundice can be a symptom of a more serious underlying condition, such as hepatitis or cancer.
If you or a loved one suffered from jaundice, you should understand the underlying cause and seek appropriate medical treatment. If your jaundice was caused by medical malpractice, such as failure to diagnose or treat jaundice on time, you may be entitled to compensation. Do not hesitate to call a Honolulu jaundice attorney from SRB Hawaii Law today to discuss your legal options.
What are the Symptoms of Jaundice?
Jaundice is a common condition in newborns, where the skin and eyes turn yellow due to the accumulation of bilirubin in the blood. Usually, jaundice resolves by itself, but in some cases, it can lead to a more severe condition known as kernicterus, which can cause permanent brain damage or even death.
Among the common symptoms include:
- Yellowing of the skin and eyes
- Dark urine
- Pale stools
- Abdominal pain or swelling
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea or vomiting
- Confusion (in severe cases)
Do not wait to take action if you suspect your child has suffered harm due to medical negligence. A kernicterus lawyer in Honolulu, HI, can provide the needed legal guidance to pursue justice and compensation for your child’s injuries. Contact our kernicterus attorney today to learn more about your legal options.
How is Jaundice Linked to Medical Malpractice?
Jaundice is a condition that causes yellowing of the skin and eyes due to a buildup of bilirubin in the body. While jaundice is common, it can be dangerous if left untreated or if medical professionals fail to diagnose and treat it accordingly.
In some cases, medical malpractice may occur when healthcare providers fail to properly diagnose and treat jaundice on time, leading to severe complications such as kernicterus. Kernicterus is a rare but serious type of brain damage that can occur in newborns who develop severe jaundice.
Medical malpractice may occur in several ways, including:
- Failure to diagnose jaundice promptly
- Failure to properly monitor bilirubin levels in newborns
- Failure to provide appropriate treatment for jaundice, such as phototherapy or exchange transfusion
If you or a loved one has suffered harm that resulted from medical malpractice related to jaundice or kernicterus, seek legal help immediately. A kernicterus attorney in Honolulu, HI, can help you understand your legal rights and options and can work to hold the responsible parties accountable.
Contact SRB Hawaii Law for a kernicterus lawyer today to learn more about your legal options and to get the help you need.
What are the Requirements in a Medical Malpractice Claim for Jaundice?
The following requirements must typically be met to have a valid birth injury medical malpractice claim for jaundice:
- Duty of Care: The medical professional must have had a duty of care to the patient and must have been responsible for diagnosing and treating jaundice.
- Breach of Duty: The medical professional must have breached their duty of care by failing to diagnose or treat jaundice properly.
- Causation: The breach of duty must have caused or contributed to the patient’s injury, such as kernicterus.
- Damages: The patient must have suffered damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses.
If these requirements are met, the patient or their family may be able to pursue a birth injury medical malpractice claim for jaundice.
Seek legal help if you or a loved one has suffered harm due to medical malpractice related to jaundice. A Honolulu jaundice lawyer can help you understand your legal options and work to collect compensation and get justice for your injuries.
What are Hawaii’s Laws In Terms of Medical Malpractice?
In Hawaii, the statute of limitations for medical malpractice claims is two years from the date of the injury or from the date the injury should have been discovered. However, there is also a statute of repose, which limits the time you have to file a claim to six years from the date of the negligent act, regardless of when the injury was discovered.
Remember there are exceptions to these deadlines, such as cases involving minors or where the injury was not discovered immediately. A competent medical malpractice lawyer in Honolulu, HI, can help you understand your case’s deadlines and requirements.
If you or a loved one has suffered harm due to medical malpractice related to jaundice or kernicterus, act quickly to protect your legal rights.
Why Do I Need a Jaundice Lawyer in Honolulu, HI?
Are you or a loved one dealing with the effects of jaundice and suspect it was caused by medical malpractice? At SRB Hawaii Law, we understand the stress and frustration that can come with such a situation. Our team of knowledgeable lawyers is here to help you navigate the legal system and fight for your rights.
Our attorneys have the necessary skills and knowledge to handle complex medical malpractice cases, including those involving jaundice. We have a deep understanding of the medical standards of care. Lastly, we will work tirelessly to build a strong case on your behalf.
- Evaluate your case: A jaundice lawyer can review your medical records, consult with medical professionals, and evaluate the circumstances of your diagnosis to determine if medical malpractice may have occurred.
- Gather evidence: A jaundice lawyer can help collect evidence to support your case, including medical records, witness statements, and other documentation.
- File a lawsuit: If medical malpractice is suspected, a jaundice lawyer can help you file a lawsuit against the responsible party.
- Negotiate a settlement: A jaundice lawyer can negotiate with the defendant’s legal team to reach a settlement that compensates you for your damages.
- Represent you in court: If your case goes to trial, a jaundice lawyer can represent you in court, argue your case to a judge or jury, and fight for your rights.
- Provide legal guidance: A jaundice lawyer can provide legal advice and guidance throughout the entire process, helping you understand your legal rights and options.
- Seek compensation: A jaundice lawyer can help you seek compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages related to your condition.
- Protect your rights: A jaundice lawyer can protect your legal rights and ensure you are treated fairly and justly throughout the legal process.
At SRB Hawaii Law, we believe that everyone deserves justice, especially those who have suffered harm due to the negligence or wrongdoing of others. If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with jaundice and believe it was caused by medical malpractice, we are here to help.
Do not hesitate to contact us today for a free consultation to discuss your case. We will review the details of your situation, answer any questions you may have, and help you understand your legal options. With SRB Hawaii Law by your side, be confident that your case is in capable hands.
Call our Honolulu Jaundice Lawyer Now!
Jaundice is a common medical condition that affects newborns, but if left untreated, it can lead to grave complications, including cerebral palsy, brain damage, and broken bones in infants. Medical malpractice related to jaundice can be challenging for families, but SRB Hawaii Law is here to help.
If you or a loved one has been affected by medical malpractice related to jaundice, seek legal assistance immediately. SRB Hawaii Law specializes in birth injury cases, including cerebral palsy, brain damage, and infant broken bones.
Our capable attorneys will work tirelessly to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve for your pain and suffering. Contact SRB Hawaii Law today and let us help you navigate the complexities of your case. With our expertise and dedication, we will fight for your rights and help you obtain the justice you deserve. Do not suffer in silence, and take action today. Let us help you find the closure you need.